Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: CTO
Location: Louisville, KY
Ladder Now is looking for a dynamic Business Analyst to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. In this role, you will be required to effectively communicate business requirements to our development team that are accurate, clear, and complete; in essence, acting as a bridge between the development and business sides of our operations.
- Translate high level requirements into detailed level requirements (user stories) to be consumed by the development pods in each sprint, while ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value.
- Manage a story backlog to ensure readiness of user stories for the upcoming sprint.
- Research and write appropriate use cases and user stories.
- Create acceptance criteria that is clear, concise, and actionable.
- Act as the interface between dev teams writing the software and business users, identifying and rectifying issues during the design, development, and testing.
- Work closely with developer to identify bugs and/or missing/incorrect functionality.
- Help prioritize and schedule development activities.
- Provide user documentation and training as required.
- Aid in writing user acceptance test (UAT) cases and will be a liaison between project leads and testing organization during UAT.
- Brainstorms with developers to determine what questions to ask user community so that business needs are clear and to determine what alternatives are feasible.
- Supports the project from creation to implementation, ensuring that project/tasks have been completed successfully.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- 5+ years experience as BA or BSA.
- Well versed in project management activities and business process management.
- Experience working in a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Must be knowledgeable in all phases of a project management life cycle.
- Experience utilizing systems tools including Microsoft Project, Visio, JIRA and Smartsheet or equivalent.
- Experience with Agile/iterative development methodologies is preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
Ladder Now offers a great benefit package which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, short and long- term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance and more.
Ladder Now is a rapidly expanding on-demand network of experts, collecting and inspecting thousands of data points of ground truth…every day. Utilizing this network — enhanced with artificial intelligence and machine learning— allows our team to provide solutions to the insurance, property/real estate, and finance verticals.
Ladder Now is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Ladder Now does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Business Analyst in the subject line.